Who We Are
Med Pals™ is a forward-thinking, modernized Healthcare & Pharmacy Chain from Pill Pals®, part of The Health Pals Company. At Med Pals, we believe our people are what make us strong. We strive for a robust team mindset where we all lean in on each other for support and insight. Our company culture is both pure and bold, focused on the best of intent to deliver to all of our people, inside and outside of our company and within our community. Transparency and integrity are just a few of our core values. We work alongside our team members to ensure their success!
We have BIG plans already in motion to elevate the company to greater heights, and we are ready to find a Pharmacy Manager to join us on this venture. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Description and Responsibilities
Med Pals is looking for a Pharmacist in Charge to join our team at our Kansas City, MO 64108 (downtown) location. This Pharmacy will be located in the Jazz District of Downtown Kansas City, Missouri; serving an underserved population. This position is responsible for the management of the Pharmacy and the overall health and safety of our patients. The Pharmacist in Charge will be responsible for the following:
- Providing excellent patient service – We expect you to do everything within legal means to get the right drug, to the right patient, at the right time.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Providing leadership and guidance to the Pharmacy staff
- Managing the Pharmacy’s day-to-day operations and budget
- Working with other departments to ensure that we are meeting all regulatory requirements
- Performing drug compounding, including determining patient needs, mixing, dosing, and administering medications.
We are looking for a strong leader who is motivated to run a Pharmacy. We need a self-starter that understands what true company ownership is and carries the embodiment of entrepreneurship. Critical, independent thinking skills and business intellect will be the keys to success in this role. Business development is a major part of the role to create brand awareness for your newly acquired branch.
You will choose your own schedule and length of your lunch break. Options include but are not limited to:
* Monday thru Friday from 8 am to 5 pm with 1 hour lunch break
* Monday thru Friday from 9 am to 6 pm with 1 hour lunch break
* Monday thru Friday from 10 am to 7 pm with 1 hour lunch break
Income is based off of the location’s revenue and overall performance. You will receive profit sharing based on revenue. We will train the right person and provide leadership until the Pharmacy Manager masters their role, and the company will continue to be of support beyond training. We believe in providing the right tools for success and want to see our Pharmacy Manager’s succeed to great heights! Because this is a profit sharing role, we encourage you to treat this branch as though it is your branch; like your very own business!
As this is a profit sharing position, you must work in person during the hours that you choose. There is flexibility to perform other tasks during your downtime (e.g. Medication Therapy Management (MTM), Continuing Education, etc.)
Saturdays and Sundays are not required.
Learn more about Med Pals of Kansas City at our website: https://kc.medpals.co/
- Pharmacy Degree (Pharm.D. or BSPharm) from an accredited school
- Current Missouri Pharmacist license in good standing. Both Missouri and Kansas license would be preferred.
- Current CPR/AED certification is required eventually, but is not needed initially. We would not be doing immunizations/vaccinations until several months from now.
Med Pals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Hospital & Health Care